Grain-Free | Gluten-Free | Dairy-Free | Plant-Based | Sugar-Free | Vegan | Whole 30 Friendly
Sweet Potato Healthy Recipe:
Roasted Sweet Potato and Sun-dried Tomato Skewers
Looking for sweet potato ideas? You cannot go wrong with this delicious and unique sweet potato vegan recipe. It takes minimal prep and bakes while you do other things - making it the perfect vegan meal idea for those busy days!
These Roasted Sweet Potato and Sun-dried Tomato Skewers have a kick of flavour that seems to come straight from the Tuscan sun (hehe ok exaggerating a bit here but you get the idea.)
These will quickly become one of your sweet potato dish go-tos!
Makes: 6 to 8 skewers
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Baking Time: 35 - 40 minutes
Total Time: 40 - 45 minutes
Ingredients - Skewers
2 large sweet potatoes scrubbed but skins kept on, cut into thin slices
1 handful of sun-dried SOAKED tomatoes (the kind in the oil)
1 red onion peeled chopped bite-sized
1 red bell pepper chopped bite-sized
1 green bell pepper chopped bite-sized
1/4 cup (56g) olive oil
4 cloves garlic minced
Juice 1/2 lemon
Salt + Pepper to taste
1 big spoonful tahini (Fit Foodie Optional)
Ingredients - Marinade
Skewers soaked in water for at least 15 minutes before put in oven
Marinade Brush (optional extra)
Equipment & Extras
- Preheat oven to 180C Fan/400F. Prepare marinade by mixing all ingredients in a bowl. Add salt and pepper last so you can taste to the level you want.
- Make sure that all veggies are more or less the same size. This is particularly important for the sweet potatoes - they need to be thin in order to cook well.
- Once all veggies are ready, slip them them on to your soaked skewers. Be sure to leave some space between them and ideally keep your onions on either end (this will help with cooking + keeping everything on the stick.)
- Place veggie skewers on baking tray and brush the marinade over all sides of each skewer (or use your hands and drizzle, lightly spreading with fingertips.)
- Put skewers in oven and set timer for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, check on them, rotate and set timer for another 10 to 15 minutes depending on how cooked you want the veggies to be. Remove when done and aproveite this taste of sun!
Looking for more Healthy Vegan Meals? Try these healthy recipes!
Sweet Potato Pizza Rounds
Spicy Butternut Squash Wrap
Courgetti/Zucchini Noodles & Walnut Bolognese