Quickie: Creme de Abacate/Avocado Cream (Brazil)
Gluten-Free | Dairy-Free | Plant Based | Vegan
Plant-based Recipes: Avocado Cream/Avocado Mouse
This yummy treat is a Brazilian classic made from fresh avocados. Brazilian avocados are less savoury than American or European ones so it's not uncommon to make sweet dishes with them. Putting these more lightly flavoured avocados on toast would be much stranger than blending them into a sweet smoothie!
This typically makes avocado-based dishes from Brazil more difficult to recreate outside the country. However, this particular recipe is an exception because of the ingredients involved - condensed milk and honey - both of which are very sweet and will neutralize any non-Brazilian avocado flavor.
I've adapted the classic recipe to use condensed coconut milk (making it vegan and paleo) and reduced the amount of condensed coconut milk in order to make it healthier. It's easy to make and works well as a quick snack or breakfast/brunch side. Bom apetite!
This plant-based avocado recipe is vegan, delicious and super simple to make!
Makes: 2 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
NUTRITIONAL BENEFITS OF THIS HEALTHY DESSERT
- Fiber (Avocado)
Healthy Fats (Avocado, Coconut Milk)
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup or 150g of sweetened condensed coconut milk (less for healthier version)
- 1/4 cup or 60ml of coconut milk (blended well so no watery bits)
- 1 tablespoon or 20g maple syrup (optional, skip if you prefer less sweet)
- 4 ice cubes
- Juice from 2 limes
- Zest from 2 limes
- Chopped strawberries for topping (optional)
- Add all ingredients in a food processor or blender except for the lime zest and strawberries.
- Once a thick and creamy mixture forms, stir in half of your lime zest with a spoon. (You can always use less zest but I love my very limey!)
- Pour the mixture into small glass bowls.
- Top with other half of the lime zest and serve as is or with a side of chopped strawberries.
Looking for more Healthy Ideas? Try these healthy plant based sweet recipes!
Blackberry Cheesecake Bites
Summer Berry Coco Crumble
Sour Cherry Bliss Balls
Comments? Post 'em here!