Gluten-Free | Dairy-Free | Plant Based | Sugar-Free | Vegan
Plant-based Recipes: Macaroni and Cheese Vegan
Very few things satisfy like a big comforting bowl of Macaroni and Cheese! Growing up in the U.S., mac n' cheese was a classic, kid dish. As an adult, most of us are still big fans...there's just one problem....
Macaroni and cheese is SUPER heavy and often you finish a bowl feeling bloated. That's because there is a WHOLE lot of cheese and butter in the classic recipe. So, in order to give you the kid love feels without the grownup tummy ache, I've created a dairy-free macaroni and cheese recipe here for you!
This plant-based recipe is vegan, delicious and super simple to make!
Makes: 4 to 6 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 to 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 to 20 minutes
NUTRITIONAL BENEFITS OF THIS HEALTHY MEAL
- Fiber (Butternut Squash + Cashews + Gluten-Free Pasta)
Healthy Fats (Cashews)
Vitamin E, B6, Thiamin and Potassium (more than a banana!)
2.5 cups (430g) butternut squash peeled and cubed
4 cups (up to 250g) noodles of your choice, use veggie for grain-free option
1 cup (240mL) nut milk
1/4 cup (30g) cashews soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes
1 tbsp (15g) olive oil
1 tsp each: garlic powder, onion powder, salt
Fit Foodie Flavour Options (optional)
Squeeze of lemon
Pinch or 2 of paprika
Pepper to taste
Food Processor (you could also just chop if necessary)
Equipment & Extras
- Boil butternut squash cubes until soft in saucepan with enough water to cover (should take approximately 10 minutes.) Separately, cook your noodles as directed on packaging.
- As you're waiting for noodles and squash, pour extra boiling water over cashews and leave them to soak.
- When all sauce ingredients are ready, combine them in a food processor.
- Adjust taste of sauce and then pour over noodles.
Done! Let the yumminess tasting begin! Aproveite!!
Looking for more Healthy Ideas? Try these healthy plant based recipes!
Sweet Potato Pizza Rounds
Spicy Butternut Squash Wrap
Courgetti/Zucchini Noodles & Walnut Bolognese