Dairy-Free | Vegetarian | Gluten-Free | Vegan | Grain-Free
Healthy Lunch Easy Ideas | Healthy Chickpea Salad with Vegan Pesto
We all know how hard it can be to get that healthy work lunch! You're often limited to quick sandwiches or unfilling salads right? Well...that ends with this healthy easy lunch idea! This chickpea recipe is tasty, easy and will satisfy!
The vegan pesto on top makes this chickpea salad feel like a foodie treat AND you can save any extra for topping off dinner dishes!
This is easy healthy lunch recipe just takes 5 minutes of prep and a few ingredients!
Makes: 2 - 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
NUTRITIONAL BENEFITS OF THIS HEALTHY LUNCH RECIPE:
- Fiber (Chickpeas, Pistachios, Parsley, Mint)
Nutrient Dense Carbs (Chickpeas, Pom Seeds, Pistachios)
Protein (Chickpeas, Pistachios)
Healthy Fats (Olive oil, Pistachios)
Healthy Chickpea Salad Main Ingredients
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 2 handfuls pomegranate seeds
- 1 handful fresh mint
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 big cloves garlic peeled
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- 1 handful chopped unsalted pistachios
- 1 tbsp onion powder (optional)
Equipment & Extras
- Combine chickpeas and pom seeds in large bowl. Set aside.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth. Add salt and pepper as needed plus any extra water if need smoother.
- Pour pesto sauce over chickpeas and cover well.
- Serve with a spoonful of yogurt, handful of pistachios and a spring of mint!
Did you make this Healthy Chickpea Salad RECIPE?
Please let us know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #corpaofitness.
Looking for more Healthy Easy Lunch Ideas? Try these!
Sweet Potato Pizza Rounds
Spicy Butternut Squash Wrap
Courgetti/Zucchini Noodles & Walnut Bolognese