Grain-Free | Paleo | Dairy-Free | Sugar-Free | Vegetarian | Gluten-Free | Vegan
Healthy Hummus Recipe: Macadamia Nut Hummus
This was an amazing foodie surprise during my trip to Hawaii! Macadamia nuts are a local favorite and in many popular Hawaiian dishes or Hawaiian snacks. For this healthy hummus, the nuts add a lightness and some extra texture without being too over powerful. This easy hummus recipe is perfect as a healthy snack idea - especially as an option for work or travel.
This is a 5 minute or less healthy recipe!
Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 to 15 minutes (if shelling chickpeas)
Total Time: 5 to 15 minutes
NUTRITIONAL BENEFITS OF THIS HEALTHY SNACK RECIPE
- Fiber (Chickpeas, Macadamia Nuts)
Nutrient Dense Carbs (Chickpeas, Macadamia Nuts)
Protein (Chickpeas, Macadamia Nuts)
Healthy Fats (Tahini, Macadamia Nuts)
Macadamia Nut Hummus Ingredients
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts (plus more to top hummus)
- 3 tbsp tahini (more if you don't mind the taste)
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1 cup water (to add for creaminess)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- This first step is optional but lets you get a creamier hummus: soak all chickpeas in a bowl of water with spoonful of baking soda for ten minutes then remove shells
- Combine all ingredients except for water in food processor, blend until smooth
- Add additional water as needed until you get the hummus texture you want, also add salt, pepper and more lemon juice as needed
Did you make this Healthy Snack RECIPE?
Please let us know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #corpaofitness.
Looking for more Healthy Snacks to go? Try these!
Mojito Bliss Balls (Vegan)
Cinnamon Crunch Chickpeas (Vegan)
Toasted Sesame Cran Bites (Vegan)
Lemon and Coconut Cheesecake Balls (Vegan)
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.