Dairy-Free | Vegetarian | Gluten-Free | Vegan | Grain-Free | Plantbased
***If you're looking for a FULL week of healthy recipes and meal plan, make sure to get the FREE 5 Day Reset Healthy Cookbook here!***
| Healthy Hummus Recipe |
Beetroot Homemade Hummus
Hear me out before you run away because of the word beetroot. I know it's not the sexiest vegetable and it often has an overpowering taste BUT all that changes you roast it just right and blend with chickpeas into a lovely, creamy dip.
So if your'e a hummus lover but you're not so sure about beetroot, try this recipe! You just might be pleasantly surprised because the beetroot adds an extra layer of flavor (and nutrients) to classic hummus.
This easy hummus recipe adds something different and is perfect as a dip for veggies at work, on the side of a brunch dish or mixed in with a fresh green salad.
The best part of this beetroot hummus recipe is that it uses much less oil than classic recipes by replacing it with aquafaba (canned chickpea juice.) If you haven't learned about this lovely food hack - you're in for a treat!
Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Roasting Time: 35 - 45 minutes
Total Time: 40 - 50 minutes
NUTRITIONAL BENEFITS OF THIS BEETROOT HUMMUS RECIPE:
- Fiber (Beet, Chickpeas, Aquafaba)
Nutrient Dense Carbs (Chickpeas)
Beetroot Hummus Recipe Ingredients
- 1 small beetroot
- 3 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 can chickpeas (drain liquid but keep it aside, rinse chickpeas after)
- 1/3 cup aquafaba (this is the juice from canned chickpeas)
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp onion powder (optional)
- 1 tsp sumac (optional)
Equipment & Extras
- Aluminium foil (for roasting beet)
- Pre-heat oven to 180C Fan/400F
- Wrap beetroot in aluminium foil and place in warm oven. Roast until soft - anywhere from 35 min to 45 min depending on size of beetroot.
- Cool beetroot for a few minutes and then gently remove outer skin with a paper towel. Chop beetroot into thick slices.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor until creamy.
- Top with harissa if you like!
*Foodie tip: For a smoother hummus, soak the chickpeas in water with a teaspoon of baking soda for 15 minutes and remove shells.
Did you make this Beetroot Hummus RECIPE?
Please let us know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #corpaofitness.
Looking for more Healthy Snack Recipes? Try these!
Macadamia Nut Hummus
Wasabi Coconut Crunch
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.