Dairy-Free | Vegetarian | Gluten-Free | Vegan | Grain-Free
Healthy Dinner Ideas for Two | Healthy Vegan Lasagna with Zucchini
So let's get one thing straight here before you learn how to make this amazingly delicious and EASY healthy recipe; this is a recipe that's a healthy dinner idea for two BUT those two could easily be you and you....got to meal prep after all right?
Ok, so now that we've cleared that up....here's what you need to know about this healthy lasagna that is low carb.
- It tastes delicious even though it's a vegan lasagna (meat lovers you'll approve.)
- It's super simple and has great texture just like any other lasagna
- You're going to want seconds!
This is an easy healthy dinner recipe that just takes 5 minutes of prep!
Makes: 2 - 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Baking Time: 35 to 40 minutes
Total Time: 40 to 45 minutes
NUTRITIONAL BENEFITS OF THIS HEALTHY LASAGNA RECIPE:
- Fiber (Zucchini)
Nutrient Dense Carbs (Zucchini)
Healthy Lasagna Main Ingredients
- 3 big, fat zucchini/courgettes
- 10oz or 300g of silken tofu (regular works as well just different texture)
- 2 big cloves garlic chopped finely
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp each: basil, oregano and rosemary (an Italian pre-made mix works too)
- 1 can pasta sauce
Additional ingredients for fit foodies and for more flavor:
- 3 tbsp yeast flakes (optional but gives that umami cheese flavor)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 180C Fan/400F, then cover a large baking tray with baking paper or foil (for foil you'll need to grease it lightly.)
- Combine all ingredients, except for pasta sauce and zucchini, in a food processor or mix well by hand until creamy. Add salt + pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Cut zucchini/courgettes lengthwise so you get about four to six long pieces per each one. Make sure they can lay flat.
- Create the three layers of your lasagna in baking pan; first layer is zucchini topped with "cheese" cream, second layer is zucchini again toped with cheese cream and third layer is zucchini topped with pasta sauce. You can also just do two layers.
- Bake lasagna for 35 to 40 minutes or until it's soft enough for you!
Did you make this Healthy Lasagna RECIPE?
Please let us know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #corpaofitness.
Looking for more Healthy dinner recipes? Try these!
Sweet Potato Pizza Rounds
Spicy Butternut Squash Wrap
Courgetti/Zucchini Noodles & Walnut Bolognese