Grain-Free | Paleo | Dairy-Free | Sugar-Free | Vegetarian | Gluten-Free | Vegan
Healthy Dessert Recipes | Chickpea Cookie Dough
The most massive struggle for my clients (and myself if I'm honest) is finding healthy dessert options. It's all fine and good to eat well for the main meals but dessert can be a real challenge because many healthy dessert recipes just don't have the flavour (or they're not actually healthy.)
This healthy cookie dough recipe is the answer! It's full of nutrients and low on sugar but still gives sweet satisfaction to your tastebuds!
This is a 5 ingredient or less recipe and a 5 minute or less healthy recipe!
Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 to 15 minutes (if shelling chickpeas)
Total Time: 5 to 15 minutes
NUTRITIONAL BENEFITS OF THIS HEALTHY DESSERT RECIPE
- Fiber (Chickpeas, Flaxseed Meal)
Nutrient Dense Carbs (Chickpeas, Almond Butter, Flaxseed Meal)
Protein (Chickpeas, Flaxseed Meal, Almond Butter)
Healthy Fats (Almond Butter)
Chickpea Cookie Dough Ingredients
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup almond butter unsalted
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal (can also use oats here if not grain-free)
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Optional: 1 tsp vanilla extract
- This first step is optional but lets you get a creamier cookie dough: soak all chickpeas in a bowl of water with spoonful of baking soda for ten minutes then remove shells
- Combine all ingredients (except for chocolate chips) in food processor, blend until smooth
- Stir in chocolate chips with spoon
Did you make this Healthy Dessert RECIPE?
Please let us know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #corpaofitness.
Looking for more Healthy Dessert Recipes? Try these!
Kiwi Flowers (Vegan)
Summer Berry Coconut Crumble (Vegan)
Chocolate Peanut Butter Hummus (Vegan)
Lemon and Coconut Cheesecake Balls (Vegan)