Grain-Free | Paleo | Dairy-Free | Sugar-Free | Vegetarian | Gluten-Free | Vegan
Easy Healthy Soup | Minty Pea Soup Recipe
If you're looking for a homemade healthy soup, this is Minty Pea Soup recipe is going to quickly become one of your faves! I say this as someone who HATES peas. There's something about the creamy texture and hint of refreshing mint that makes this soup bowl particularly delicious (despite the peas.) Make a big batch and then enjoy as a satisfying lunch at work or home.
(Note: To make this a soup for weight loss, sub the coconut milk with the same amount of low sodium broth.)
Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
NUTRITIONAL BENEFITS OF THIS HEALTHY SOUP RECIPE
- Fiber (Peas)
Nutrient Dense Carbs (Peas)
Healthy Fats (Coconut Milk)
Minty Pea Soup Ingredients
- 3 cups frozen or fresh peas
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 handful celery chopped
- 1 big clove garlic minced/two small ones
Food processor (can also use electric mixer)
Sunflower Oil, Coconut Oil, etc. for greasing skillet
5 sprigs thyme, leaves only (optional)
1 tsp onion powder (optional)
Salt + Pepper to Taste (optional)
Equipment & Extras
- Sauté onion and celery in skillet with dash of oil for 3 minutes over medium heat
- Stir in peas and garlic to cook for an additional 3 minutes
- Add coconut milk, lime juice and any seasonings (besides mint), reduce heat and leave to simmer for 5 minutes
- Pour into food processor, add mint and blend until creamy (be sure soup is not boiling hot when poured)
- Top with coconut cream, oil and/or sprigs of thyme for that extra touch!
Did you make this Healthy Soup RECIPE?
Please let us know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #corpaofitness.
Looking for more Healthy Soup Recipes? Try these!
Tom Yum Soup (Vegan)
Portimão Soup (Vegan)
3 Bean Chilli (Vegan)
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.