Dairy-Free | Vegetarian | Gluten-Free | Vegan | Grain-Free | Plantbased
***If you're looking for a FULL week of healthy recipes and meal plan, make sure to get the FREE 5 Day Reset Healthy Cookbook here!***
Easy Healthy Recipe | Vegan Pesto Recipe
If you're a pesto lover (and even if you're not) then this vegan pesto recipe is going to become a quick favorite because it's an easy healthy snack that you can pair with just about anything crunchy! Pesto is a savoury, yummy sauce or dip that adds a huge burst of flavor to your healthy snacks and meals.
While classic pesto recipes will have lots of cheese, oil and salt, this healthy pesto recipe instead cuts down on the oil and substitutes the cheese with nuts. The result is still a creamy delicious dip that you'll love!
This vegan pesto can be stored in the fridge and used over a few days so that you don't have to waste time preparing yet another healthy snack in the middle of your busy day!
Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 - 15 minutes
NUTRITIONAL BENEFITS OF THIS EASY VEGAN PESTO RECIPE:
- Fiber (Basil, Chickpeas, Nuts)
Nutrient Dense Carbs (Nuts, Chickpeas)
Healthy Fats (Olive Oil, Nuts)
Vegan Pesto Recipe Ingredients
- 1/4 cup cashews or macadamia nuts soaked in boiling water for 10 min
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 handful fresh basil
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- 1/2 tbsp yeast flakes (optional)
Equipment & Extras
Healthy Recipe Steps
- Make sure you've soaked your cashews/macadamia nuts first (see above!)
- Roast pine nuts over medium heat in sauce pan for 5 minutes or until golden brown and toasted - there will be a nice nutty smell, not burnt!
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor until creamy. Add extra flavor if needed.
***Fit Foodie tip: For a creamier pesto, add water as needed while blending.
Did you make this Easy Vegan Pesto RECIPE?
Please let us know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #corpaofitness.
Looking for more Healthy Snack Recipes? Try these!
Macadamia Nut Hummus
Wasabi Coconut Crunch