Dairy-Free | Vegetarian | Healthyish Foods
Brunch Food Ideas | Brazilian Easy French Toast
Most every recipe on this website is healthy but there have to be some exceptions because what's the point of working out all the time if you can enjoy the occasional indulgence right?
This easy french toast recipe is a version of the Brazilian rabanada. Your tastebuds haven't lived until they've had this simple french toast! Rabanada makes for an excellent brunch recipe because it has just the right balance of sweet and savoury. Yes it has a good amount of sugar in it (condensed coconut milk) but it also will fill you up with that french toast combination of bread and eggs.
I've modified the classic Brazilian french toast recipe to use condensed coconut milk instead of regular and I've taken out the usual sprinkling of extra sugar that goes on top so that this becomes a healthyish brunch food.
This is a 5 ingredient or less recipe making it convenient for even the busiest fit foodie!
Makes: 12 to 16 french toast pieces
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
NUTRITIONAL BENEFITS OF THIS HEALTHYISH RECIPE:
- Fiber (Bread, Cashew Milk)
Healthy Fats (Eggs)
Brazilian Easy French Toast Ingredients
- 3 eggs
- 1 can condensed coconut milk (300g or approx.10oz)
- 1/2 cup cashew or non-dairy milk
- 1 long french bread baguette (longer makes more pieces)
- Splash of vanilla extract
Oil or oil spray to grease skillet
Optional ground cinnamon
Equipment & Extras
- Heat skillet with oil over medium high heat
- Cut baguette into 1 inch slices
- In one bowl, mix eggs yolks with a fork
- In another bowl, mix condensed milk, non-dairy milk and vanilla
- Soak bread in milk bowl for a minute or two, then dip in egg yolk bowl and place on hot skillet
- Cook both sides thoroughly, approximately two to three minutes per side
- Serve immediately and sprinkle with ground cinnamon if you'd like!
Did you make this Healthyish RECIPE?
Please let us know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #corpaofitness.
Looking for Easy Healthy Breakfast Recipes? Try these!
Pumpkin Pancakes (Vegetarian Recipe)
Tropical Smoothie Bowl (Vegan Recipe)
Stuffed Papaya (Vegan Recipe)
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.